- Chlorinated water is unhealthy.
- Pros and cons of flouride
- Drinking water choice by preference
Our colon, also known as large intestines, is responsible for producing bacteria that breaks down fiber and create acetate, propionate, and butyrate as waste products which are used by the cell lining of the colon for self nourishment. Building a healthy environment of beneficial bacteria in the colon becomes difficult when chlorine is present.
Chlorinated water contains large amounts of chemical compounds known as Trihalomethanes (TCM) that are suspects in ballooning cancer rates and adversely affecting the body’s system.
Flouride has pros and cons. What’s the first thing that came to your mind when you hear flouride? Toothpaste. It keeps cavity from forming in our teeth, which is a good thing.
However, flouride added with water has a much higher lead content. Consuming water medicated with flouride is bad for the body. The flouride builds up in the tissues, organs and bones which will eventually inhibit key enzymes that keep the body healthy. Too much flouride for too long will result in symptoms similar to arthritis, lower IQ and increase the risk of cancer.
Do know that distilled water contains fluoride ions. Because of that, governments such as municipalities in the United States, add in flouride ions at water treatment plants using fluoridation for its supposed effect on the inhibition of tooth decay. Controversial, isn’t it? Although, back in 1997, EPA scientists and risk assessment specialists DID voted unanimously to oppose mandatory fluoridation in California because of the major health risks.
Recent research proved that fluoride in water and beverages do not prevent tooth decay at all. In fact, consuming flouride is like consuming slow poison. A person recovering from illness should avoid flouride at all cost. Examples of food with dangerous levels of flouride content are junk food, infant food with deboned chicken and non-organic fruit juice.
- No other type of water in the world beats spring water. In a typical spring point, minerals become dissolved in the water as it moves through the underground rocks. This not only give the water flavour but also significant amounts of minerals that are sometimes called ‘mineral springs’. As long as a bottle says ‘Spring Water’ in U.S., it must by law come from a real spring and not filtered tap water. Every toxic substance like chlorine, flouride and THMs are avoided, plus you get all the natural minerals in the water.
- Carbon filtered water is the most common drinking water. Every household has to own a unit. The reason is to remove disagreeable tastes, odors and chlorine that are municipally treated. Sometimes, I may even get rusty water after a monthly pipe maintenance by the authorities. Know that no carbon filter has the ability to filter flouride compounds, no matter what the label says.
- The least recommended choice is drinking boiled tap water.
Remember...YOU are what you EAT (& DRINK)...Namaste, Beci